- Posted by Guest Post
- On January 12, 2017
- 0 Comments
Customers always ask us, “Which tools is your sales team using at the moment?” Now, I’ve been a public proponent that tools are only valuable as an accelerant of good sales behaviour and can turn the manual into the mechanized. But, let’s assume you’ve crossed that chasm, and now curious on how to mechanize. Here is our tool flow:
Lead Capture = HubSpot
With +25% of our sales pipeline coming directly from new inbound leads, and marketing attributing/influencing the other 75%, we need to know who’s interested in Social Selling. We use HubSpot to capture and track “content consumption”.
Lead Forecasting = HubSpot → Salesforce.com
As buyers digest more and more of our digital assets, they begin to formulate a content consumption story. This story is housed in both HubSpot and Salesforce.com, and organizes new buyers using a lead scoring system, which accounts for demographic, firmographic and behavioural information from our buyers. Our sales team can work smarter by focusing on the buyers that are showing the highest levels of interest in our business.
Lead Enrichment = Datanyze
Before our sales team is about to reach out, we need to leverage both content consumption story information, and enhanced information on a buyers tech stack. We’ve discovered a correlation between a buyers tech stack infrastructure and their sales & marketing sophistication. Datanyze let’s our sales team know what software tools are tied to the buyer’s website.
Content Consumption Story Triggers = HubSpot Sidekick
Buyers are consuming our insights, day in, day out. It’s critical that our sales team is armed with information to know what a buyer is consuming, and what they have yet to discovered. Sidekick allows the sales professional to know if buyers interest in real-time, as they’re consuming. This makes reaching out to the buyer, much more contextual.
Content Aggregator for Sales Communication = EveryoneSocial, Uberflip
Understand what a buyer has YET to consume is critical. Now the sales team can find insights such as blogs, infographics, videos, webinars, ebooks, etc. to share with the buyer. We use EveryoneSocial as our employee advocacy to share stories socially, and Uberflip to organize our growing content library.
Sales Development Communication = Ringcentral, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Twitter, Vidyard
Time to reach out! We use VoIP phone systems through Ringcentral, and of course LinkedIn and Twitter are massive communication tools for our sales team as well. We’re recently testing Vidyard as our ability to execute Account-Based Sales & Marketing campaigns from the sales professional, in which they can create personalized 1-to-1 messages for the buyer.
Sales Development Pipeline Organizer = Salesloft
As we begin our touchpoints with customers, our sales team needs to remind themselves of keeping to a consistent cadence. We leverage Salesloft as a workflow that accelerates the velocity of routine sales cadences.
Authored by Jamie Shanks
Jamie Shanks is the CEO for Sales for Life, a leading Social Selling company. Sales for Life have deployed 300+ client engagements globally. Jamie is also the author of Social Selling Mastery – Scaling Up Your Sales And Marketing Machine For The Digital Buyer.
To get more great content B2B sales and marketing content sent directly to your inbox, sign up for our monthly newsletter.