Government Funding for Sales and Marketing Initiatives
Running a startup is hard and can be financially straining for many entrepreneurs, therefore I’ve compiled a list of resources for government funding for sales and marketing initiatives that your organization can make use of. It can help you get an extra employee!
There are a few programs that can help organizations with sales and marketing initiatives that are less well known.
Here is a list of the ones that we are aware of:
Small Business Intern Program
- Financial support towards the employment of post-secondary students who will work on e-business projects. The program will reimburse up to 75% of the eligible wages and related expenses such as statutory employee benefits, to a maximum of $10,000
- Canadian organizations with less than 500 people, have been in business for a year, and are incorporated
- It is to be used to support businesses on-line activities to improve their competitiveness with e-business practices and technologies
- Venture Accelerator Partners used this program for some marketing, social media, and sales research initiatives
- Export Market Access is designed to help small and medium-sized enterprises increase their access to global markets. Generally the EMA program will cover 50% of the eligible costs in four specified areas. Non-repayable contributions generally range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $30,000 (with the exception of capital bidding projects which generally would not exceed $35,000)
- Ontario based organization targeting a new or emerging market, minimum of five employees to a maximum of 500 employees, annual sales of $500,000 or more, and registered federally or provincially for minimum of two years
- Many possible activities including participation in international trade shows, marketing, market research, and Foreign Bidding Project
- VA Partners knows of many organizations that have taken part in this program
- Up to a maximum contribution is $30,000 towards the salary costs of a post-secondary graduate
- Canadian organizations with less than 500 people and are incorporated
- Graduates work on innovative projects within the small and medium-sized enterprise environment and may participate in research, development and commercialization of technologies
- I am not as familiar with this program, but we have a client that has an application in for this program.
These programs are excellent ways to add new sales and marketing capabilities. VA Partners Part-Time Sales and Marketing offerings could also help to provide additional cost effective support. If you are aware of any other sales and marketing programs please let us know
To learn more about us, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.